Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm traveling all over the state of Fl collecting P's and this will be the group I'm getting.

1. 4-5" Gold Spilo
1. 4" Gold Diamond Rhom
1. 5-6" Caribe
4 4-6" rbp's

So how long do you think they will last together in a 100g? Oh don't worry, the first signs of trouble they will be getting seperated. It's a good thing I have extra tanks.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
themainman said:
I'm traveling all over the state of Fl collecting P's and this will be the group I'm getting.

1. 4-5" Gold Spilo
1. 4" Gold Diamond Rhom
1. 5-6" Caribe
4 4-6" rbp's

So how long do you think they will last together in a 100g? Oh don't worry, the first signs of trouble they will be getting seperated. It's a good thing I have extra tanks.
[snapback]855088[/snapback]​
what are u going to do...sit in front of your tank 24 hours a day?
what happens when u go to the bathroom? and u comeback with a PIranha head floating ?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
NavinWithPs said:
why would you even risk it? just put the serras in their own tank!!
[snapback]855095[/snapback]​
Exactly what I was thinking. This has been tried numerous times with all the same results: damaged or dead fish. I think it is a stupid idea, BUT they're your fish so YOU should decide what you are going to do with them. Good luck

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
themainman said:

1. 4-5" Gold Spilo
1. 4" Gold Diamond Rhom
1. 5-6" Caribe
4 4-6" rbp's

[snapback]855088[/snapback]​
You're kidding, right?
You know about the risks involved and about the impossibility/stupidity of this "experiment", and still you want to risk those fish's lives? What's the point? Trying to reinvent the wheel, and then finally concluding that it was a dumb action in the first place?
You're tank is big enough for 5, maybe 6 pygo's, but adding Serra's to that mix is BS - intentional animal cruelty, if you'd ask me...

But whatever - your fish, your decisions, so do as you please - just don't expect sympathy from your fellow hobbyist, let alone start whining once sh*t hits the fan

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
it flat out will not work. You be moving those fish before they are even acclimated. All you are doing in that case is risking the survival of those fish. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
even if by some miracle the spilo "shoaled" with the pygos, that rhom would be enormous trouble in that situation. he'll either attack or get attacked or both. this will not work. fish will die. maybe in like a 400 gal. they could survive for a little while if they each had their own hiding spot and never had to interact, but you aren't going for that from the sounds of it. don't do it.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
no, it's not. but you've seen what people post on here. can i mix a large male mountain gorilla, a 25" black rhom, a 90 lb. rednose, and a green mamba in my 60 gal. long?
you never know if someone's joking or not.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hmm, I say they will last 3 days, enjoy!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dutchfrompredator said:
no, it's not. but you've seen what people post on here. can i mix a large male mountain gorilla, a 25" black rhom, a 90 lb. rednose, and a green mamba in my 60 gal. long?
you never know if someone's joking or not.
[snapback]855310[/snapback]​
I see, I see.

I only have the Rhom now and he's in my 100g and I'm picking up the Spilo today and he's going in the 80g. The other 5 P's I'm not getting just yet.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
your serras must be in heaven. why don't you divide the 100 gal for the spilo and rhom. can you find a 6" rhom in a 100? i had trouble finding mine in a 55, the little bastards love to hide. on a serious note, why don't you take a stab at a geryi shoal? 3 or four of those in your 80 or 100 would be really sweet imo.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dutchfrompredator said:
your serras must be in heaven. why don't you divide the 100 gal for the spilo and rhom. can you find a 6" rhom in a 100? i had trouble finding mine in a 55, the little bastards love to hide. on a serious note, why don't you take a stab at a geryi shoal? 3 or four of those in your 80 or 100 would be really sweet imo.
[snapback]855326[/snapback]​
I'll take a look into that tank devider

My rhom is always out and about. He shoals with my two Pacu but that will change soon enough because I'm finding a home for the Pacu.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i'm sure you know this already; but you can hold onto your pacu and just shoal them with the pygos you're buying if you're into that full-on amazon variety look. just a suggestion. it's cool that your rhom hangs out with them. i guess they're larger than he is, or you just have a really cool rhom.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Rhom is only 4" but one Pacu is 7" and the other is 8" so they do outsize the rhom but they haven't attacked him. Every morning when I see my fish one of the Pacu has a fin nip so I'm going to be taking them out soon.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
yeah, that's the rhom showing his toughness to the bigger pacus at night for sure. rhoms are just mean. you gonna do the pacus/pygos thing or straight pygos when you get them? i've got a pygo shoal and it's awesome to own one. i do think it looks really cool when people have big pacus mixed into a pygo shoal but that's your decision, space limits, blah blah blah. either way it'll be sweet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the Spilo died. I guess when the owners friend was getting a bucket ready he didn't use tank water he used tap. I tried everything to save that Spilo. I had my tank all set up like I did last week when I picked up the rhom. Damn!

Chlorine is a killer!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.