Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this bloke said he is selling rhoms (black) with really red breasts have u guys heard of this i aint also im thinking he is just trying to sell the fish so he would say whatever to achieve this. he said he has never seen theese before

·
ooo barracuda
6,075 Posts
rhoms have red bellies.

Itll dissapear with maturity and size though.

Maybe thier still youngins. 6 inches under is where i usually see rhoms with some red on them.

EDIT: Not as much red belly more in the lines of red throat.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
rhoms have red bellies.

Itll dissapear with maturity and size though.

Maybe thier still youngins. 6 inches under is where i usually see rhoms with some red on them.

EDIT: Not as much red belly more in the lines of red throat.
thats news to me, i learn something new everyday, ill keep an eye for that "red throat" looking rhom's at my LFS...

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Depending on the location that they are native to, some S. rhombeus specimens do have red throats as rocker pointed out. If you are interested in the fish, post pictures of them here though. They could be just S. sanchezi.
~Taylor~

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with Taylor, it sounds more like a sanchezi to me since it is around 7".

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Yeah, a 7" Sanch would be a large one. Perhaps a full grown to be that size. Of course, to make a proper ID we would have to see a pic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have emailed him so waiting for some pics i thought that sanchezis only got around 6 inch tops. surely if he has done this for years he would know whats what i was just curious

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Yeah, a 7" Sanch would be a large one. Perhaps a full grown to be that size. Of course, to make a proper ID we would have to see a pic.
Yes, 7" S. sanchezis are not very common, but I do own one, so it's definitely not impossible.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
oh ok. whats he like your sanchezi? i like the bigger piranhas myself
He is an aggressive finger chaser. He's beautiful too, at least I think so. You can click the link in my signature to see pictures of him.

Now back on topic....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts