Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was wondering about all the stuff i would need to start. I am thinking about getting this stuff tell me what you think, if i need different stuff or if its ok.

55 or 75 gallon tank
EBO Jager Heater 250W
Water Dechlorinator
Powerhead 400gph
Aquamaster 400
Driftwood
Shallow Creek Gravel
Live plants

If i need anything else please let me know. Thx alot

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
how many p's are you looking at getting in your tank ? are you starting with babies or adult p's. that would help to no whats best for filteration

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
yammer123 said:
55 or 75 gallon tank
EBO Jager Heater 250W
Water Dechlorinator
Powerhead 400gph
Aquamaster 400
Driftwood
Shallow Creek Gravel
Live plants

If i need anything else please let me know. Thx alot
Get some fish as well: makes your tank much more exciting

Seriously, though, it looks like you got it all pretty well covered. You could add some larger rocks, to create some extra hiding spots: just make sure they don't have any sharp edges.

Good luck :smile:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I have never had a problem with any products, I think that stress-coat is over priced for declorinator - and that is really all it is.

I also reccomend melafix and proper pH 7.0 from aquarium pharmaceuticals (sp)

But in my box I try to always have:
*test kits - pH, Nitrate, Nitrite, ammonia
*medicines - covering everything, from white spot to slime, from internal bacteria to ulsers and wounds and more!
*aquarium salt
*dechlorinator
*a spare heater and filter

Everything else I have I feel is generally unnecessary, except for special circumstances.

In your tank you should have plenty of cover.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
get yourself a wide variety of foods for them as well. Also you mite want to get some meds just in case you ever need em, stuff like Melafix is good to have around just in case, also some aquarium salt is good to have too :smile:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
get more just to be safe. Oh and dont forget some nets. Get a couple, they tend to bite through them, hehe. And a nice comfortable chair to sit on and watch the p's, cause your gonna be athere a long ass time. LOL

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Live plants cause a lot of algaey

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
One more to do... Take a pix of your tank to post in the PIX forum. Maybe you can be the winner of the month contest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts