Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all day long

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what day of the week do you do the duty of tank cleaning? and how many do you have to clean? and how long does it take?

i have 7 tanks and it takes me about 2-3 hours to do a good solid cleaning and refilling of about 50% of each tank. i do my tank cleaning on wednesday nights............... tonight very very soon i will start

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunday

over thirty tanks at the moment

Around 7 to 8 hours weekly
ouch AK i never knew that. no wonder you are willing to give some fish away for next to nothing!!!!!! might as well open a store

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Sunday

over thirty tanks at the moment

Around 7 to 8 hours weekly
ouch AK i never knew that. no wonder you are willing to give some fish away for next to nothing!!!!!! might as well open a store
[/quote]

Yeah most people dont know my collection of fish sir-There is even many i have never posted(got to have something for myself)!!!!

One day i wouldn't mind starting an public aquarium up here since there isn't one-But right now it's just a dream for me-

Yeah just gave away three very hard to come by fish-To some good peeps on this site :nod:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
AK I saw you were selling alot of cheap fish, I figured for whatever reason you were unloading your fish. Now I know you were just cutting back a little
From the pics I saw you have some very nice healthy fish, so good job on that.

as for the poll it doesn't specify fish, but I assumed it was ment to be for fish tanks so I put 2.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes number of tanks you have to clean........ i have 7 tanks. much more then 7 fish

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
AK I saw you were selling alot of cheap fish, I figured for whatever reason you were unloading your fish. Now I know you were just cutting back a little
From the pics I saw you have some very nice healthy fish, so good job on that.

as for the poll it doesn't specify fish, but I assumed it was ment to be for fish tanks so I put 2.
Thanks-Yeah This is the second time i have unloaded fish-I just have way to damn many-Dont know why but i do this then i turn right around and buy new fish-

Yeah i try to only have quality specimens-And I do a pretty damn good job considerring my location and the crap selection of fish-Now if i could ever manage to get a selection of tanks-That would be nice-

Thanks for the kind words Jayson :nod:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Whats tank cleaning for :rasp: Haha just kidding I need to get a routine because I only do it when I have the time.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok im going to clean right now be back later maybe while the BIG tanks are refilling

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i usually clean my tanks on sunday, i got a 80g down in my basement, and a 10g in my room..takes me about hour - 2 hours
if you were to clean AK's tanks by the time you got done it would be time to start all over again

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
i usually clean my tanks on sunday, i got a 80g down in my basement, and a 10g in my room..takes me about hour - 2 hours
if you were to clean AK's tanks by the time you got done it would be time to start all over again
[/quote]

LMFAO-It's quite the task :laugh: But well worth it-I spend countless hours watching my tanks-Who needs a darn television :nod:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
this is a gud poll...Well i got my 125 my 30 and a 10 goin on right now but with my python it does not take me long at all. Normally i do it on Saturdays cause im in school during the week.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
I currently maintain 9 fish tanks. Before when I was using a single container for water changes I could do 1 larger tank a day or 2-3 smaller tanks. Now that I have 4 containers that are approx 120gallons I can get all my tanks done in a single day. I have to prep 2 days in advance. After the 1st prep day I add in my rebuilding agents.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i have eight tanks 2 with fish and 6 reptiles ... that 2-4 hours to go a great job normally do it on thrusdays but on sun or mon i do a smaller water change / top up on my tanks that does take long

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
done cleaning, even had time to cut my own hair and jump in the shower with whatever hot water was left in the tank lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have 3 tanks running right now a 75 G and a 46 bowfront in my living room and a 20 in my bedroom.I usually clean them on fridays it takes about 2 to 3 hours to do a good job.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
so far the poll tells us

they clean whenever people can find the time
most people have 1 or 2 tanks
it takes 1-2 hours.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts