Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got black gravel in my 75, and was thinking about painting the backround , but a black back round with black gravel wouldnt look to good. any body got pics of a dark blue or of thier tanks with a diff color backround?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I got black gravel in my 75, and was thinking about painting the backround , but a black back round with black gravel wouldnt look to good. any body got pics of a dark blue or of thier tanks with a diff color backround?
I think it would look badass if you did go black on black. Your rhom's sparkle stands out more. I remember you have a black rhom with some sparkle on it (looks like a diamond rhom). Just my personal taste.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Ive always painted all of mine black... and well, I doubt you are needing a pic of what that will look like.

In my opinion, black is the best color of choice unless you are doing it another color for some sort of special effect.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think i have seen black bg on black gravel though with a black rohm just seems like a whole lot of black is going on. Any body ever try vinyl instead of paint, I know ever one will protest till thier ears bleed that paint is the best way to go, but whats the 2nd best way?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts

I will try to get a better pic tonight, I think it really looks nice, though I also have a BDR, so he isnt all black, has some orange on his chin and the sparkles and such.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i didn't like dark gravel or sand, my rhom lost a lot of his color when i had dark substrate....jmo
i wouldn't paint it on just go to the lfs and buy the paper/plastic ones that way u can change them easily

·
Registered
848 Posts
i found the best thing is a black background. The cheapest and i feel the best way to do is...not by painting, to hard to take of....not by getting the background from your lfs, because it just hangs in the back. I by contact paper at OSH the home depot for 2 buck and place it on like a sticker. It is really easy clean up and looks great.

i found the best thing is a black background. The cheapest and i feel the best way to do is...not by painting, to hard to take of....not by getting the background from your lfs, because it just hangs in the back. I by contact paper at OSH the home depot for 2 bucks and place it on like a sticker. It is really easy clean up and looks great.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've always painted black

only could find 1 full tank shot.
but here's a few more
I see 17.5 in. that is rare. you are blessed with a kick ass fish

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would stick to darker colures

dark blue (I don't like the marine tank blue)
I wonder what tan or brown would look like?
or a real dark red or moroon

my vote would be Army truck green

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
go with black..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the black, plastic stuff from the lfs, since i couldnt paint it, its okay, i should have cleaned my outside of tank, but i couldnt really do that either since its so close to the wall, it makes my rohm look lighter actually, also i think it will look better when i get some drift and more plants in there.

That rohm truly is a monster

1 - 20 of 20 Posts