• sand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • green

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
natural gives it a more river likeness....

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
is Natural gravel the river gravel? cause if its the river gravel thats the one i like best for a mixed pygo tank.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
the main piont is do the fish like it?
I go with natural.
I don't think the fish like bright gravel

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I much prefer natural looking gravel over the painted stuff, used to use that but it just doesn't look very good. Currently I'm using pea stone (or pea gravel), super cheap and looks great. Note this pic is really old, some of those plants didn't take for whatever reasons.

Pea Gravel

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yes they are, I'm not real keen on the fake plants, no matter how real they look. I don't have any recent pics, it's much more open but I plan on adding more to it to thicken it up again.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I currently have white in my 135, but all my other tanks have natural gravel. It just looks right. Gonna change the gravel within a week or so. Maybe next water change.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Darker is better!

So, i recomend natural...and black is fine!

The P' will apreciate dark alike stones too!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i see that everyone likes natural well ill test it out in my 20gal and do that when i put my new plants in and see how my rohm likes it

ill have a new little amazon tank

thanks for the
guys

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
but for a little while just untill i see the results of my amazon tank im gonna go with red and black in my 75gal just 4 now

im starting to like these smiles

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I had natural coloured, very fine gravel in my tank, and it looked great. But after I moved, I switched to a more coarse, white/marble gravel, which in my opinion looks even better, because it really makes the bright red coloration of my natts constrast with the white gravel. To me, it seemed like their whole appearance became more colourful...

Compare for yourself (keep in mind that the colours are not exactly like in 'the real world', because they're photo's, but it's enough to get the picture):

Picture of one of my reds with natural gravel
Groupshot with white gravel

But it's all a matter of personal preference...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts