13,643 Posts
A bigger tank for that Big ass Fish ...

·
Registered
511 Posts
NEWBIE4NOW said:
what would you suggest?
[snapback]842520[/snapback]​
wolfish... the wolfish will own the bottom of your tank and the arowana will dominate the top... and they will most likely not bother each other

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
something over 200 plus gallons , thats a big fish ...
Rule of thumb I thought with arros is a 135 gallon is just a starting point.

·
Registered
511 Posts
NEWBIE4NOW said:
i thought wolf fish were solitary?
[snapback]842538[/snapback]​
they pretty much would be solitary... they stay at different portions of the tank.. arowana never goes to bottom and the wolfish will pretty much just chill at the bottom

·
Registered
303 Posts
Datnoides or gars can be kept with aros easily. Some have success keeping rays, but when I had my RTG, he took a nice chunk out of the motoro, and he didn't make it. I also had my girlfriend's parrots with the aro, but I hate those things
Think your aro would appreciate a new 8'x2.5' rather than a tankmate.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
heffer2028 said:
they pretty much would be solitary... they stay at different portions of the tank.. arowana never goes to bottom and the wolfish will pretty much just chill at the bottom
[snapback]842552[/snapback]​
My experience with wolfish and top dwellers is that they are not a good mix. It is instinctual for a wolfish to be hiding in wait for a fish to swim by. Something about a fish that swims on the top just triggers wolfish to strike. I have heard/seen many a top swimming type fish( arrowanna, redline, gar sp) get torn up pretty bad. IME, all of the fish that I had luck keeping wolfish were larg fish that were low to med level swimmers.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Dats, larger catfish, pleco's, rays, clownknife, pacus', larger cichlids, there are numerous poosibilties. But like said: your tank isn't that big.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
i had an aro with a tiger shovel nose, i had one with a clown knife also. i think they are sweet looking fish untill they get very larg. when they get fat they are ugly to me. here is a pick of when i had my aro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts