Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The freebe heater that came with my tank is starting to act up. The thermostat is not consistant (not shuting off when it should) so it is time to get a new one. What kind/brand heater has anyone found works best? Also, do they make submersible ones (as opposed to ones that hang from the side of the tank)? Thanks for any info.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I have used Tronic heaters for a short period of time (6 months) without any problems.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I have all EBO heaters on all my tanks. Very accurate and durable!! Strongly recommend!! Never get hang on heaters either, they sukk.. stick with submersible. And remember the rule of wattage.. 5 watts per gallon, 3 watts per titanium.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just use the thermal compact submersible heaters I get at the LFS. Any other kind doesn't keep the temperature consistant that I tried. But have to buy 2 or 3 new ones to heat the 150 gal. they're excellent and have a decent warranty too.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
I only use Won Bros titanium heaters
I have tried many and the pro heat titaniums won brothers are the best. once you set it , it stays.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I have all EBO heaters on all my tanks. Very accurate and durable!! Strongly recommend!! Never get hang on heaters either, they sukk.. stick with submersible. And remember the rule of wattage.. 5 watts per gallon, 3 watts per titanium.
agreed....ebo all the way

·
Registered
564 Posts
thePACK said:
RhomZilla said:
agreed....ebo all the way
I agree as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts