Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your guys favorite plants to have in a piranha tank. Can you get plants from that come from the amazon at fish stores? Some pics would be cool.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Another vote for Swords. They're a great looking plant and fairly easy to care for. I don't have the names of the other plants I like the looks of right now, if you want email me and I will search for them as I have no idea where they've gone to now. :sad: But there are a ton of plants to choose from, basically what I do is do a bit of research to make sure I don't get anything that's going to be real needy or procreate like mad and then just buy whatever looks the nicest. Most fish stores will have plants for sale if you're in a half-decent city shopping wise. Here basically every fish store does other than the small mom-and-pop shops.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i like long grassy plants... i had amazon swords, but they werent my favorite...

check the middle and left of this pic (of my old tank) those are the ones i like most... not sure what they were called

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
One question.. do they sell plastic Amazon Swords??

*sorry if going out ofd the subject*

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
My favorites: java fern, anubias (both non-Amazonian, but very hardy).
Other plants I used more or less succesfully: Amazon swords, vallisneria, crypto's, patches of grass-like plants.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks. Most of them didn't take unfortunately, some lasted longer than others. Not sure why, possibly not enough light. I do have about 70-80W in there I think.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
piranha 13 said:
I have amazon swords and grass plants in my tank. I try to make my tank look as much like the Amazon as possible.

RhomZilla- Yes they do sell plastic amazon swords.
Tenx, P13. I ask this because my plants were attacked by snails before and started to die because of insufficient light. Plus I really dont want to deal with live plants and NEVER seen plastic Amazon Knifes at any LFS. Now I have to go on a hunt. Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts