Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I have little baby reds, and at the moment they are about 1 inch in size or less.

Can someone tell me at what age or size they start to get their red bellies, and at what age or size they start to get their teeth etc or any websites that might have this kinda info on?

Any help and advice appreciated

Thanks

Technium

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
yup, this website. All fish are different and size coloration and other qualities come at a different age or size. But dont worry, they wont last small for long. Give it a few weeks, you will notice major changes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this website has been a massive help but I was just asking because I didnt want to keep asking what I feel to be small and silly questions when you guys (and girls) have better or more important things to do.

They have only been in my tank since Friday so not long, im not impatient, I was just asked that question by a few friends yesterday and did not know the answer so thought i would ask here.

Thanks again your a STAR!!

T

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Your p's are born with teeth. You wont see them for a little bit because they are covered by their lips. Id say about 2- 4 weeks they should get some good coloring and nearly double in size. In two mos they should be around 3 inches and get alot of their coloring.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I started with 1inch reds also. I got them in late Feb. They are now between 4 and 5 inches with plenty of red coloration. I am just starting to see the teeth on them so that should give you a little bit of an idea. But all my fish have grown at different rates and the aggression is different among all of them also. Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.