Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of throwing 4 cariba in a 90, is that possible? And what are the dimensions?

·
Registered
242 Posts
48 inches long, 24 inches high, 18 inches wide. It is the most common in a more 'square' 90 that I have seen widely used.

There are many ways to do it but this is probably the most efficient for space reasons, and building material cost whether you choose glass or accrylic. take the dimensions, multiply all, then divide by 231 (the formulae for how many cubic inches in a gallon ) these dimensions will give you a 89.76 gallon tank.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not gonna make one, I just wanted to know how much swimming room the fish would have. And since its two feet tall, I may go with a different size or something.

·
Registered
242 Posts
In that case, you could always just get a 125 like the one I'm working on. Call around to all the glass stores in your area and see what kind of deal they could cut you on some remnant glass pieces they have laying around.

A 90 or a 125 would need to be at leas 3/8 thick material though. dimensions for what you're talking (for swimming room back and forth)are 72 by 22 high X 18 wide for a 125. do a little less on the length by about a foot and you should be close to a 90.

·
Registered
242 Posts
OOps !! just saw that you said you wont be making it yourself. you should try the glass places anyway though. could save you a couple hundred bucks maybe just to get the material and have someone else seal it with silicone and make the necessary stand and braces, etc.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't a 90 gallon a lot of wasted space for a piranha, since they are usually at the bottom or close to it? And a 90 is 2 feet tall? Maybe I will bite the bullit and get a 125 like I wanted.

·
Registered
873 Posts
or you could save some cash, and get a 75. it has the same footprint as a 90 (48" long, 18" wide) but its like 2" less tall. a 125 would be the best thing (6ft long, 18" wide) for cariba though.

~Will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts