Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i came home new years morning my fishtank light was off and i noticed crazy flashing goin' on inside so i turned the light on and my 5 biggest piranha's ate the smellest "handicapped" one. it's mouth was fucked it couldnt' close it properly so it wouldn't eat as much as the others so it never grew so they just ate him all that was left was his head. i got them when they were about .5" now they are around 2.5-3.0". the "handicapped" fish was about 1.5".

i guess they were cleanin' house for the new year

· Registered
811 Posts
im starting to think that it doesnt have anything to do with being hungry kus i had the same thing happen to me and i got them all at the same size and they ate the slowest bloomer =\ i think its just there nature

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah they eat the sick and weakest of the shoal becuase it slows down the pack. it was down to 5 of em' at one side of the tank and the smallest one hiding at the other end of the tank than they just ate him tore him to pieces

my girlfriend was like "NO NO NO! MAKE THEM STOP THAT"S SO MEAN!"
i just laughed heheh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.