Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
So I had a great day today...

First I met Dan aka piranha_guy_dan and gave him my six red bellies for free. I must add he is a great guy and knows alot about fish, helped me with one of my purchases.

PURCHASE #1
Anyhoo I went to PJ's pet store and met a great guy who worked there. I went in to look at their piranhas and I saw a 2-3" Black Rhom. Decided to buy that.

PURCHASE #2
Well I met Dan at Big Als in Whitby about 2 hours ago and when we went inside to our suprise their where 3 black piranhas, 1 black masked elong, and 3 red bellies. So after looking around I decided to buy the elong seeing how they hadn't had one in the store for over 4 years said one of the workers. I managed to get the price lowered on the elong by $20 because Dan told me to ask one of the workers. OH forgot to add Dan hooked me up with some free gravel. Thanks again Dan

Here are the pics, will post better ones tomorrow after they have fully settled in...

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congratz, nice lookin fish, that elong looks like it's in great condition.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
congrats man! those fish are beautiful fish...

·
Registered
750 Posts
So i guess you aren't gonna get a xingu rhom after all?

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
Nothing like getting a new p, let alone 2 in one day!

I'd love to see more pics of your rhom. Looks like a sancehzi in those pics, but still a good pick up!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arghh I am kinda angry...Does anyone know if black piranhas are known to have red on them? I was told it was a black piranha...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Arghh I am kinda angry...Does anyone know if black piranhas are known to have red on them? I was told it was a black piranha...
yes they can, they will outgrow it. It does look like a black p to me, sancezi's don't have big spots like that(or at least never any that I have seen,) or proportions liek that, also the anal fin is more hookedthan a sacnhezi's

you are in the clear bro
, I am 99% sure that is a rhom:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes they can, they will outgrow it. It does look like a black p to me, sancezi's don't have big spots like that(or at least never any that I have seen,) or proportions liek that, also the anal fin is more hookedthan a sacnhezi's

you are in the clear bro
, I am 99% sure that is a rhom:

[/quote]
Pheww...I was getting worried LOL. Thanks for some reassurance!

·
Registered
750 Posts
that 1 in the first pic is a twin of yours almost :nod: can you get us a better pic just to be certain?

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
thanks for all the kind words justin. elong looks great. and $20 off is a really good price, which guy gave you the deal?

also i would have to agree with bioteach on the sanchezi. looks just like my old one. i suggest taking it back to pj's if you wanted a rhom and being like wtf is this??? get ur money back then hit big als up for either the 1 rhom or one of the 2 compressus.

sanchezi are still cool but if it was a rhom you really wanted then thats what you should have gotten. a sanchezi that size is not worth $50, infact i could have gotten you a sanchezi that size for $15 a couple weeks ago.

i think you should take it back and then try and get that non scared compressus that you liked at Big Al's

again thanks for the reds and also thanks for all the kind words

here is my old sanchezi

post pics of it in the ID section or else PM hastus(frank) and ask him but he will likely tell you that you need better pics of the flat side of the "sanchezi"

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts