Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
This is a Wet dry filter that Nate built me it goes on top of the hood b/c my tank is not drilled dimensions are 8"x6"x6". I'm going to use cell pore bio blocks for media b/c the filter isn't big enough for bio balls.I'm using a Rio2500 to pump the water into the wet dry. It'll sit on the glass top on the left side of the tank while the Rio will be on the right side. Then the water will drain back in to the tank at the back of the hood where the plastics cut outs are for filter's, heaters, etc.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I am tryin to get a vendor license so I can get the cell pore as well for cheap, then I will give a price, the bulkhead drains are extra as well, they are there so he can screw in pvc elbows to aim the return water where ever he wants

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I had LL buy a sponge prefilter attachment for the pump which goes in the tank

you could put a 1" thick sponge in the drip box part I am pretty sure,

time to build isnt too much, the cleaning up the mess, waiting for solvent to dry and polishing the edges it what takes time

acrylic dust is staticly charged and clings to everything, its a pain to clean, then polishing edges is tedious and slow, solvent only dries so fast, so I wait 2 hrs before touching it again

but I made that in under a week, bout 6 days total due to schedule

I can design them around whatever needs you have, or if you have your own design feel free to run it by me

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Could ya make one to go with an overflow. If so i might be interested to have ya make me one this summer. Then i buy a cheap overflow. If ya are willing.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Raptor said:
Could ya make one to go with an overflow. If so i might be interested to have ya make me one this summer. Then i buy a cheap overflow. If ya are willing.
its designed not to use an overflow, therefore it will save cost of the overflow, and in most cases with below tank wet drys you need 2 pumps, this only needs one so it saves cost of a pump too.

I can make the under tank kind as well, and I can make overflows but from what I have seen in a few cases on ebay I will not be able to match those prices, they sell used ones for like $40, they bulkheads and material alone would cost that much for one that is capable of doing tanks 120g+

I will have pics of the under tank type in a week or so using cell pore sheets (making it for myself)

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
hey I was wondering if people would rather have this filter hang off the back opposed to sitting on top of the lid, it would still be above the tank, it would merely have a support to hold it off the back of the tank, similar to hang on power filters, except it would sit completely above the tank, not hang down below the top like power fitlers do

do you understand what I mean?

this new idea would keep it from sitting on the tank and allow you to get in the tank easier, however you will need about 5-6" clearance behind the tank

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
basically the only difference between this and Lucky's would be the feet on it to sit it on the back of the tank, and the return would be similar to those of hang ons, (waterfall type) instead of bulkheads

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.