Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im trying to hook up my wet/dry I just bought but its a bitch trying to get the water to enter from the tank. Any help is greatly apperciated. Oh sh*t wrong forum my bad mods.

·
Registered
253 Posts
In your overflow, insert an airline through the u-tube, use your lungs to start the siphon. Do you have ball valves on either the intake line or the outlet? They will help much to get the amount of water leaving and entering your tank balanced, it was a bitch to get my cap-2200 pumping the right amount without one.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Yeah take air tube and suck out the air in the overflow. after that turn the pump on when the water gets high enough in the sump. After that raise or lower overflow to get the desired water level in the sump. It should be level with the grate under the bio balls

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raptor said:
Yeah take air tube and suck out the air in the overflow. after that turn the pump on when the water gets high enough in the sump. After that raise or lower overflow to get the desired water level in the sump. It should be level with the grate under the bio balls
ok got it started, now i need to level out the water in the sump. To bring the level lower what do I do? Raise the overflow?

·
5,310 Posts
Yep raise it a little each time till it balances out. It takes a minute or two

·
5,310 Posts
No prob, I know you'll enjoy your new wet dry, i do. It is a little noisey though. But well worth it

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool i used your advice and got it working perfect! i think i have the same one as you? The aquaclear 125?

·
5,310 Posts
Yeah, thats right i rememberd when you posted. I am very happy with mine.
Just check on the water level every now and then in the tank from evaporation. It could get low in the sump when water level goes down.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've got the same one. They are so low maintenance its unbelievable. I wash out my prefilter and sponge once a month though. With all the food that my p's eat I am surprised it keeps the ammonia and nitrites at zero. Very happy with mine. Also, if it is too noisy, you could stick a piece of airline tubing into the overflow hole where the water goes from the back of the overflow box down to the sump. This will break the suction and make a lot less noise. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts