Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just bought a used tank and it came with a wet dry and bio balls. I have no idea on how to use it.
I don't even know if it is complete. The only thing that I have ever used were 2 Emp 400. Someone please help me with this. Thanks everyone. This Forum rocks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, one more thing, what's the difference between acrylic and plexiglass? Which one is better? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
acrylic is plexiglas, they are just different trade names

the bioballs have a high surface area for bacteria to grow on which is what does your tanks nitrification process, the wet dry spreads out the water evenly over the bio balls, then the water collects in teh sump and your pump returns it into the tank. They really arent hard to setup up. I think most people are just intimidated by them for some reason.

Let me know if you need help

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks Sir Nathan and Xenon
I really appreciate your replies. Yes it also came with a pump. I'm going to try to set this thing up tomorrow and I'll keep you guys posted on how it turns out. Heres a pic of the fish I'm keeping.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
acrylic is plexiglas, they are just different trade names

the bioballs have a high surface area for bacteria to grow on which is what does your tanks nitrification process, the wet dry spreads out the water evenly over the bio balls, then the water collects in teh sump and your pump returns it into the tank. They really arent hard to setup up. I think most people are just intimidated by them for some reason.

Let me know if you need help
There is your answer!

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok, still cant figure out what goes where yet. which tube goes where and what part goes where?? Its like a freakin puzzle HELP! can anyone post a pic of their full running wet/dry so i can see it at work?
i will post pics of all the parts I have soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
dark gray tube connects the the top of the sump to the overflow box
the 2 clear plastic U tubes go in teh overflow box
the blue bio balls sit on top of that white grid
the drip box things with the small holes goes above the bio balls
it looks like you have 2 overflow boxes, the yellowish clear one and the dark gray clear one
the two small fits with orings go in the bottom of the overflows and thats what you connect the drain line to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts