Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
What do u guys think about these two design? Possible? What gph rate for each powerheads should i use in there? Please let me know if you find any faulty in this design for i.e possible flooding. Do you think the rain system is bad/good idea?? thanks

Amazon I + Amazon II pictures

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't know what I am looking at, but it seems to be like a internet wet/dry I don't know what the pump in the middle is for.

·
Registered
158 Posts
RedShoal said:
I don't know what I am looking at, but it seems to be like a internet wet/dry I don't know what the pump in the middle is for.
The middle pump is to pump dirty water through the pipe. The two side pumps suppose to bring the clean water and through the rain pipe plus to create current in the tank. What do u mean internet wet and dry? Are those tanks on pic yours? very nice
By chance u have pics from every angles and what componets are used there?

·
Registered
347 Posts
BiteMeNipMe said:
RedShoal said:
The middle pump is to pump dirty water through the pipe. The two side pumps suppose to bring the clean water and through the rain pipe plus to create current in the tank. What do u mean internet wet and dry? Are those tanks on pic yours? very nice
By chance u have pics from every angles and what componets are used there?
Hahaha, I mean internal. Hahaha Internet wet/dry.

No, those tanks are other peoples. They are running an internal wet/dry. You don't need the middle pump if the wet/dry is right next to the tank. If you are talking about these, I can tell you how to build one. I don't have a digital camera or a scanner. But mine 300 gal goldfish tank runs on the internal wet/dry.

·
Registered
158 Posts
1. Pressurised water chamber (pushed by middle pump) so it will create spray effect. Bacterias obviously need much of oxygen. So we dont wanna submerge the bio balls but instead we let them make contact w/air, which has more oxygen content than water. Spraying the bio balls will create very thin layers of water on the surface of the bio balls where the bacterias should flourish more rapidly. And from my understanding, this is what many aquarists mean by wet/dry filters.

2. Water spray

3. Heater coil

4. UV rays to kill unwanted bacterias, parasite, fungus, viruses, algae, dan harmful pathogens

5. Filtered water output by drilling bunch of holes on the glass/acrylic plate.

Well that's the idea... :smile:

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
on wet drys you dont want any water to sit in the filter, if water is on the media it doesnt work nearly as well, you need it to be in open air with water dripping on it

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, that is basically an internal wet/dry. The water doesn't sit in it, it flows to the drip plate and drips down. The water is pushed into the filter because of the displacement of the water being pushed into the tank by the pump. IMHO, I believe the internal wet/dry is a better design because it requires one less pump, and the spraying is done my a drip plate instead of a pressured "what-ca-got-there."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts