Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off let me say i have been off work due to shoulder surgery for the las 8 weeks so i have nothing better to do than sit infront of my p tank and just watch them. well today my smallest p opened up a can of whoop a$$ on my biggest p. took a nice chunk out of the tail. these 3 have been together since we lil p's,and never once went after each other until the temp went from 76 to 80. i fed them before this had happened. i put some squid in the tank ,and they devoured it in a blink of an eye. since eating they have been all huggy kissy :laugh:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keep em fed man, put some hiding spots...if you dont like the scrapping turn down the temp a bit, maybe take them out and re-arrange all the deco and whatnot
i have like and underwater jungle. they can hide all they want. they like swimming the tank alot. i am thinking temp had something to do with it,and or they were still hungry ,because they ate like 20 min befor that episode broke out. just a little sad my big p lost the upper part of his tail
i know it will grow back just like them looking good

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
You might need to feed them more, or turn down the temp to prevent that from happening. Yesterday, I had to feed my reds twice because they were still acting hungry. Other days feeding them once does the trick.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might need to feed them more, or turn down the temp to prevent that from happening. Yesterday, I had to feed my reds twice because they were still acting hungry. Other days feeding them once does the trick.
i fed them 20min berfore this happened 4" long bout an 1" round shrimp tail then i saw them battling and i put a squid in there. they ate that 2. i feed these guys like a madman. these fish have grown almost over night fron a nickel size firh to 3 1/2 -4" fish. kind of scary. guess these guys are a true example of survival of the fittest

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Yeah, they are eating machines! At that size (3.5" - 4") I was feeding them two to three times a day. Hope that helps!
yeppers that helps out alot .i was affraid i was over feeding them . thanks
[/quote]

yeah when they're young like that they can definatly eat alot...when mine (when i had them) they were that small they ate atleas 5 big feeders a day

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
damn :

·
Registered
750 Posts
i know...feeders are bad....all my fish have only ate feeders til a month ago
....they're all on raw shrimp now

[/quote]

my big solo pygo natt loves the raw shrimp, gulps them down without even chewing lol, the little guys in the shoal tank don't really like them though. I find that they love silver sides, and raw lobster claw meat. I give my fish feeders every so often, especially the big guy. I was using tilapia and raw steak, but none of them really liked it besides the pacu, but they will eat anything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.