Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is kinda weird....
Every once in awhile I will see a member named "google.com", "msn.com", "archive.com", or some other website....

Whats up with these and what r they?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Something to do with web spiders........or whatever sh*t those sites use when searching. Hell I dunno really..........

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I hate the messages you get that say

"come see me here naked on my webcam" and then you gotta pay, wtf is that its false advertising.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
I did a memeber name search and i couldnt find their names
I even tryed like "starts with" go and then goo
I didnt find any names with google in them
What are you talking about?

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Web search engines send 'bots' or 'spiders' that go through every webpage possible, looking for certain words. It then relates words such as Piranhas, Pygos, or whatever else is on the page to their search engine. Then when someone goes to Google.com and searches for the word Piranha, if we have the word Piranha on the site are webpage will be returned to that user during their search/query.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
b_ack51 said:
Web search engines send 'bots' or 'spiders' that go through every webpage possible, looking for certain words. It then relates words such as Piranhas, Pygos, or whatever else is on the page to their search engine. Then when someone goes to Google.com and searches for the word Piranha, if we have the word Piranha on the site are webpage will be returned to that user during their search/query.
[snapback]823911[/snapback]​
thanks

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drew said:
they aren't actually registered.
[snapback]824106[/snapback]​
Nope...They arnt registered, because when you go to the "Online Members" list, their name will be there, but you cant click on it (on all the other members you can)...

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Just know that its good for us

1 - 12 of 12 Posts