Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in one of my tanks ..well not my tank actually anyway i woke up this morning and my Nitrate was at 80! yes flipping 80! Lukcly it had feeder fish in it. How do i Lower it WAYY the F down? A Water change also is there any sort of buffers i can use to keep these levels good. in my 120 and 55 their perfectly fine never any problems. all tanks get a reg water check.

But i guess we have a spike in this tank

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
in one of my tanks ..well not my tank actually anyway i woke up this morning and my Nitrate was at 80! yes flipping 80! Lukcly it had feeder fish in it. How do i Lower it WAYY the F down? A Water change also is there any sort of buffers i can use to keep these levels good. in my 120 and 55 their perfectly fine never any problems. all tanks get a reg water check.

But i guess we have a spike in this tank
Yep-water changes man-That and type in nitrate in the search function up top and you should beable to locate your answer!!!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I am a little confused, are you cycling this tank or did it just all the sudden spike that high... usually there is a reason behind a spike like that.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
If you are talking about nitrates (NO3) and not nitrites (NO2), you should do oone 50 % water change and check if you find something rottening in the tank.

There is no other way to lower the nitrates (this is no buffering, pH, issue) than water changes or a big amount of fast growing plants under high lighting.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts