Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Nurses Do It Better
Joined
·
8,819 Posts
No you can't overdose it. There is large room for error so you don't have to worry. Just treat for the amount of water replacing so you don't waste your money.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Cobra said:
Can I put too much in my tank, like overdose or something? I've heard conflicting opinions on this matter.
[snapback]868875[/snapback]​
It could be a problem if you overdose a large amount. A little is Ok but to much might be a problem.

DonH Aug 22 2003 said:
No, it is not bad if not overdosed. The result of the chemical reaction?... a slight saline solution (Na+ and Cl-), sulphates (remove with future water changes), a slight drop in pH due to the H+ ion that's released in the chemical reaction, and ammonium (from chloramine which your biological bed should be able to handle.)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top