Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· The Man, The Myth, The Legend
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This chick at the pet store said to make my baby piranha big that I should do daily water changes... normally I don't trust strangers but she was hot! lol

What do you guys think?

· Registered
480 Posts
Daily water changes would be fine in a perfect world, but most people dont have the time to do it.

I dont think they're neccesarry as long as you keep the water quality high, feed them a healthy (which means no feeders) diet and give them some excercise through the use of a powerhead. Before you know it, theyll be monsters.

· Registered
126 Posts
it depends on the size of the tank and the size of the fish. but a good rule of thumb is a 10% weekly water swap. If you have only one fish in a lagre tank your not going to need to change the water all that much but if you situation is the opposite then at least a 10 % per week is good. It also just makes your tank water more clear

· Registered
5,089 Posts
if your tank isnt HORRIBLY overstocked, there is no reason to change water everyday. once a week is plenty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.