Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often should i change the water in my tank? and does it make a difference if i change it say once a week instead of once every couple weeks
 

·
Go Bucks!
Joined
·
3,164 Posts
I change 30% about every 5 days. 2 weeks may be a little too long. Your fish will grow faster and bigger the more you change your water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,133 Posts
sccavee said:
I change 30% about every 5 days. 2 weeks may be a little too long. Your fish will grow faster and bigger the more you change your water.
just make sure to treat the water for chlorine and not change more than 40% at a time do that it doesnt drastically change water parameters on your fish

auto water changers are the way to go, see the saved topics forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Bigwil76543210 said:
how often should i change the water in my tank? and does it make a difference if i change it say once a week instead of once every couple weeks
If you want them to grow fast more water changes is the key.
I agree with nate.

MAD
 

·
OPEFE
Joined
·
10,249 Posts
30-35% weekly!
 

·
OPEFE
Joined
·
10,249 Posts
30-35% weekly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,133 Posts
MAD piranhas said:
Bigwil76543210 said:
how often should i change the water in my tank? and does it make a difference if i change it say once a week instead of once every couple weeks
If you want them to grow fast more water changes is the key.
I agree with nate.

MAD
I can honestly say my cariba had their gorwth slow down when they got to about 6.5" and then I added the water changer and the growth picked right back up and now the same two are about 9.5"
 

·
"Nitro"
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Bigwil76543210 said:
how often should i change the water in my tank? and does it make a difference if i change it say once a week instead of once every couple weeks
of coure it makes a difference.
 

·
joey'd is da man
Joined
·
14,077 Posts
It is good to change the water every week, but it is OK to leave it for a while - every month or so, as long as you monitor the water conditions and dont let them get too bad.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top