Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on week two with my 125g piranha tank. I have done two water changes so far once a week. My question is is it ok to use NovAqaua conditioner for my water as with any other water changes for i.e. cichlids? I know that this may be a stupid question from a newbie, but I thought I read somewhere that using this with pirahnas is not good. Is this a lie?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
just...piranha's?

i really doubt it, but this is a strange question. read the box/package, if its says not to be used with a cedrtain or specific fish then follow them, if it says safe for all fish then your good to go. honestly i do not know but i can't seem they would make something that is supposed to help harfull. do not over do it and i think you should be fine. also maybe next time get some of big als water conditioner just to be safe.

-EDIT: and if you are using it all along then maintain it as im sure it's not harmful as long as you notice normal behavior from your P's. remember, also if you are doing water changes with no conditioner this can be harmful to youP's as there are chemicals in the tap water that can harm them, such as chlorine and chloromade or something like that. but im sure you know this. i learned this the hard way and P's were unhappy for a long time.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey Technik, hi!

Dont think we've met yet?
I mad chimp man!!!
otherwise known as lastyboy!!!!
You say you've had your tank 2 weeks now, how long has the water been in, please?????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts