Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don't want to ruin the paintball thread I'll start this one.

War is nessacary and must be carried out when all other political outlets have been exhasted! Like in Iraq. Oil or no oil he poses a threat to national security not only to his neighbors but the rest of the world.

Remember to keep this friendly and I will try myself.

SMTT

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Ghandi
had the right idea!

·
Registered
698 Posts
"War is nessacary and must be carried out when all other political outlets have been exhasted! Like in Iraq. Oil or no oil he poses a threat to national security not only to his neighbors but the rest of the world."

See ya! Let us know how it works out for you and also where to send the flowers! :cool:

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If my country asks, I go, simple as that. Myself and my family enjoy the freedom this country provides and I would fight to afford others that same freedom. I think it is hypocritical for people to live in this country and not grab a gun and fight for it. It is called being an adult and shouldering the responsibility that comes with it. I couldn't give a sh*t less about the Middle East; however, the political and economical ramifications are too great in our country to not take decisive action.

·
Registered
698 Posts
"I think it is hypocritical for people to live in this country and not grab a gun and fight for it"

Once they enter this country, guaranteed I will grab a gun and fight for it. Until then, I have not seen what all the fuss is about in Iraq except North Korea where a real nut lives with his finger on the trigger.

"however, the political and economical ramifications are too great in our country to not take decisive action."

Does the Gulf of Tonkin ring a bell?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grabbing a gun and fighting when the enemy is here on your home front is to late. By then your military has been wiped out. Do you really think civilians have a chance against a military that already has wiped out our military, which is by the way the greatest the world has ever seen? Man those odds, "I don't like" very well. So anyhow this guy Saddam is going to have this nuclear weapon and don't be fooled to think he won't use it. He has already used chemical and biological weapons against us already. So I don't want to live in a world with nuclear material being release into my atmosphere and either should the people around him. Remember what happen after WW1 we became isolationist again and look what happen WW2. We must, as the worlds only Super power, act like international police. The UN is supposed to but they lack the will to do so. So you are going to send me flowers. I'll be waiting for my flowers as soon as I can save the world from a madman like Saddam from unleashing the power of the stars on this planet so there will be flowers to give.

We as a world need to stop nuclear weapons from developing and start destroying them before we destroy ourselves. We are talking about the power of the universe here. This power is what makes the sun bright and burns so beautiful every morning I wake up and it also can destroy everything living. This power was met for space and it should stay there.

SMTT

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
"Once they enter this country, guaranteed I will grab a gun and fight for it. Until then, I have not seen what all the fuss is about in Iraq except North Korea where a real nut lives with his finger on the trigger."

I can agree on both points, however I would much rather fight on foreign land before it comes to the US. I am not that worried about sadam, but we should have taken him out years ago.

"Does the Gulf of Tonkin ring a bell? "

I am not old enough to remember Vietnam as it unfolded, but yes I aware of the "non-incident" that escalated the war, and the governments involvement in reporting the attack.

Is that what is happening in Iraq? I dont know, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
So what you are actually saying the United States should use First Strike? If so, what does that make us?

Once the nukes fly, it won't matter if its too late here or not, it will be too late for everyone in the world.

I don't buy the UN, nor do I believe we should trash our constitution for the UN charter. I think everyone that wants to own a gun should do so under the 2nd Amendment. I think anyone that wants to pray should be able to do so without restrictions. But under no circumstances do I think the United States should enter into a war for expediency sake nor without ramifications of the number of dead it will bring. Look at Vietnam. How many lies were told to get our "boys" over there to die? And for what? So Vietnam can now entertain us with their tourism?

Wow, this topic is a good one

·
Registered
698 Posts
"Is that what is happening in Iraq? I dont know, but I doubt it. "

That's the point! We don't really know what our government is really doing because we are not being given enough information. All I keep hearing about is the OIL OIL OIL. Is that really worth dying for when there are other types of energy available? Is your car worth a life?

"however I would much rather fight on foreign land before it comes to the US. I am not that worried about sadam, but we should have taken him out years ago."

That statement is rhetoric because, you have not idea why the government sends you anywhere, but history shows governments lie! I agree about taking Saddam out long ago, but look at who is President now and why his personal reasons are also involved. Remember, Saddam wanted his Daddy killed. What better present for a son to give his father but the head of the man that tried to kill him.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oil (US) vs. Oil (Europe)

Well since oil is such a big topic I did some thinking about it. Now who is screaming the loudest about the US and her policies towards Iraq and about the US obtaining its oil? Europe! Why is that you ask? Well they say the one who is screaming the loudest may have something to hide. Well Europe is the beneficiary of Iraq Oil for Food Program. So it really comes down to Europe wanting to keep in good with the Iraqi program so oil cost stay down and at the same time blame the US for wanting what they call "Their Oil". So now it's an oil issue and the US isn't really a big concern now. It Europe not wanting to cut of her own free hand out. To bad this guys a wacko and like fishman2 said are you willing to trade your car for your life?

SMTT

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I love political discussions! Heres my 2 cents:

In the history of the world there has never been a country so powerful, yet so restrained in using their power.

I find it humerous that we are searching high and low for a molecule of evidence against Iraq when North Korea is standing up and yelling "WE'RE MAKING NUKES :rasp: :rasp: " It seems there might be a Bush family fued in here somewhere..

the fact of the matter remains is that Iraq represents a clear and present danger to the securityt of the United States people and they need to be dealt with. Same goes for North Korea as well. I am not saying WAR WAR WAR but something needs to be done to minimize the threat.

-Xenon

·
Registered
698 Posts
"I am not saying WAR WAR WAR but something needs to be done to minimize the threat. "

Send McDonalds and Burger King over there. Better still, send all the vegetarians
they thave alot of anger built up :rasp:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
We must, as the worlds only Super power, act like international police. The UN is supposed to but they lack the will to do so.
It is this american attitude that was the cause for the sept 11 attacks and the war against terrorism!
It is also the main reason that most of the East hates you guys!
can't you see?
if you take control then they will resist and hate you for it - after all what right have you?
You have no right to inflict your laws and regemes on anyone, that would be a dictatorship! - just as bad as them and just as ignorent.
the best way to tackle this is by making agreements with them, not by telling them what to do.
That is up to your government AND the rest of the world.

I bet you wish you had never voted for Bush now!
oh, I forgot you didn't :D

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
fishman2 said:
Better still, send all the vegetarians
they thave alot of anger built up :rasp:
lol :D
perhaps I should go in and fix all the worlds problems

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
"That's the point! We don't really know what our government is really doing because we are not being given enough information. All I keep hearing about is the OIL OIL OIL. Is that really worth dying for when there are other types of energy available? Is your car worth a life?"

So according to you we should have never been involved in any war, because government initiates all war and as we all know governments lie. Interesting point.

"But look at who is President now and why his personal reasons are also involved. Remember, Saddam wanted his Daddy killed. What better present for a son to give his father but the head of the man that tried to kill him."

I dont buy that point. I do think Saddam posses a threat, just not as large as some are making it. I also think that bush inherited a shitty economy and what better way to spark the economy than a little war. There have always been ulterior motives for war. Do you really think we took on Saddam the first time is because he invaded Kuwait? I highly doubt it, that just gave us an excuse. But there also has to be some truth for the reason given to the public. It would not fly. There are underlying reasons for many of the things I do, but that does not negate the superficial reason.

·
Registered
698 Posts
"So according to you we should have never been involved in any war, because government initiates all war and as we all know governments lie. Interesting point."

Of course its an interesting point
How many wars did you personally start with the Indians, Spanish, Koreans, etc., etc., etc.? C'mon, I know this is not a perfect world, but I'm not of the opinion we need to toss our weight around or our money when our own people are suffering. We won't even defend our own borders and illegals flock in unrestricted! If it were my choice, I would pull our troops out of the majority of the foreign lands and in particular Korea, where that country has spit on us enough. As for the Middle East, who do we bow down to? Saudia Arabia where the 911 terrorists originated from. I don't see us threatening to go into the kingdom to rid the source :rock:

Innes: You go ahead and do that, just don't take a bible with you, there is no religion recognized there other than Muslim. Try not to "lose" your head over the issue

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Innes said:
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
We must, as the worlds only Super power, act like international police. The UN is supposed to but they lack the will to do so.
It is this american attitude that was the cause for the sept 11 attacks and the war against terrorism!
It is also the main reason that most of the East hates you guys!
can't you see?
if you take control then they will resist and hate you for it - after all what right have you?
You have no right to inflict your laws and regemes on anyone, that would be a dictatorship! - just as bad as them and just as ignorent.
the best way to tackle this is by making agreements with them, not by telling them what to do.
That is up to your government AND the rest of the world.

I bet you wish you had never voted for Bush now!
oh, I forgot you didn't :D
We are dambed if we do and dambed if we dont.
If that is the attitude of the rest of the world that I say "f*ck you, pay us back all our money and dont come crying to us when your shitty little military gets over run by China and dont ask us for another f*cking cent because you cant feed your people.
Dont beg us for help and then slap us in the face when we give it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
grosse gurke: Now you got the general idea of where I am with this screwed up world. The U.S. has helped many nations and I don't think any (except one) has ever paid us back what we have put into them.

Think about this, where is our economy now? And who doesn't want to have it on the front pages? Clinton was getting a blow job while ordering military strikes on the phone. Then used military actions to hide his trial with other front page, so his trial would get buried elsewhere in the news.
Bush doesn't want the public to think about the economy cause elections are coming up.

That is the real way of the world.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
thats why we shouldn't have this problem.daddy should of taken out saddam when he had the chance to do it the first time.daddy f8cked up and let him continue living.yeah send inspecters over there.. like saddam really going to say "oh,by the way the nukes are over here"..if you going to do it..do it now..president dubba has no idea what he's doing.and i'm pissed cause gas price in frisco has gone up..2.00 buck for the cheap sh*t.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
fishman2: I have always been generally pissed off at the way the rest of the world treats the U.S.. I think most of it stems from a deep jelousy of the quality musicals we continue to produce:p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.