Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
1 word...... TERNS!!!

Check these guys out. All my terns are finger chasers. The piraya is too, but nothing like the terns. The come right to the glass. Never afraid. IMO,, they are the least shy pygo. I also belive they grow the fastest, although I have just aquired the piraya, but still belive that they will outgrow it with a quickness. The big tern in the pic was bought sept 12th at 3". He is now 6"+. The other terns were purchased a month ago, and have since grown an inch +. They were fed well 1 hour prior to the vid being shot.

·
4,364 Posts
sh*t yeah it is. Getting huge quick ehh!!!

And I know this tank is a little crowded, but everything has gone great so far. I purchased 2 of each so that I had a couple to chose from when thinning the shoal. I only got 1 piraya though due to price.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'd say!!! It was tiny last time I saw it.....Might be able to hold it's own in my tank now just let me know when you want me to pick it up..

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah....he is my only green variant from Uruguay...so he will be staying. I will have one of the yellows agrentina terns to thin out soon. You are the first on the list for sure. And it won't take but a few months to be huge. I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I was only kidding....If you do get rid of a yellow let me know but I am surprised you would get rid of any of them?

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it all depends on how they treat eachother. You know as well as I do with the rate they are growing, the good ole' 100 gal won't hold them ALL forever. I may just wait till you fix that tank. BTW....fix that yet?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Still sitting in the garage stripped down waiting to be reglassed....I don't have room or it would already be fixed...Why are you interested in it? If so I can finish it and work something out with ya....

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Possibly in the future. Not for a couple of months anyways. So, no hurry.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It will still be sitting here I'm obviously in no rush to finish it.lol

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
sweet vid
my terns are not stittish but they don't do that!
but mine are starting to turn deep purple and black

how big were those guys?

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
smaller ones are 4"+, bigger guy is 6"+. 3 total terns. 1 green, 2 yellow.

My green one is showing some purple as well.

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trade you a tern for that geryi you got. lol

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I agree with Leasure, Terns rule.

I told you Leasure that the Terns would quickly outgrow any of your other Pygos, their appetite is incredible.

Hater

·
4,364 Posts
You can have all the cariba you want. I personaly only have them to complete my mix shoal. IMO, cariba suck. they all seem to be very unhealthy lately coming from any sponser. All the cariba recently purchased have had parasites, and little white dots, and tons of black spots under the scales. Piss poor quality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts