81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Knifeman said:
Rich_UK said:
Very intresting read :nod:
When you say shell fish is that the same thing as uncooked prawns?:rock:
When I say shellfish, I am referring to krill for smaller piranhas, and then shelled medium or jumbo shrimp for larger ones. Both are rich in Beta Carotene, which promotes good color and pigmentation.
[snapback]442607[/snapback]​
Is it ok if my Piranha don't eat the shells of the shrimp? They just eat whats inside............

·
Registered
340 Posts
truly asome thats exactly wat im doin im feeding my piranha diffrent things every day this is wat i feed my pirahnas

grass hoppers
guppies
minows
earth worms
and a very high in protien chichild staple

·
Registered
430 Posts
Doing regular waterchanges is just as important as feedin your p's shrimp n all the goodies.! Frequent water changes i believe really helps out on growth i must say!

·
Registered
169 Posts
excelent read i will DEFINATLY try this with the 2 inch elong im getting ill keep in mind wat you said about not starving the young to much. especially since its an elong

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice info... I had been feeding my p's feeders for the longest time and when i switched to shrimp i waited a bit to make sure they were hungry and they took it right away so if your p's are hungry there's a good chance they won't reject new foods.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great post I've learn a lot important information! I've been feeding mine shrimp for the last 3 months I'm going try out the krill and earth worms!! Man thanks for the post I read it all!! Real helpful thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great post I've learn a lot important information! I've been feeding mine shrimp for the last 3 months I'm going try out the krill and earth worms!! Man thanks for the post I read it all!! Real helpful thanks!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts