Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i moved home to my rents for christmas break back from college, and my vinny was burned on the move back by a heater. I had to sell my 125 gallon for a 40 gallon so i can take my Vinny to school, since ill be in a transfer dorm for a semester. He is about or just under 9 inches..I know that tank is pretty small for him but i cant sell him since ive had him for 8 months and am attached. I have a XP3 filter and a nice powerhead.. As long as the tank is kept up on params and water changes, do you guys think its ok i keep him in the 40 gal for about a year?

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
personaly it say it a bit tight in 40g...can you push it to 55g..or 75g..in your dorm? you can put him in 40g..but it will not be happy.

Most important is it will stunt his grown, also It can be stress out and die..for a couple of month would be ok..but i dont know for 1 or longer.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
do plenty of waterchanges and he will be fine. like 2p2f said he might be stunted but so long as you change the water frequently id say 3x the waterchanges you did on the 125 it shouldnt be serious. anyway so long as he is healthy he will start growing again when in a larger tank.
good luck!

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
man a 9" rhom is not gonna get stunted in a 40 gallon tank, give me a fckn break.
like Vinny said!...either sell it or keep it in 40g...for 6 month..

If you Vinny19 what would you do? I would keep him in 40g...instead of selling him. it just for 6 month, and he know it will stress and stunt it grown.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
man a 9" rhom is not gonna get stunted in a 40 gallon tank, give me a fckn break.

If you Vinny19 what would you do? I would keep him in 40g...instead of selling him. it just for 6 month, and he know it will stress and stunt it grown.

[/quote]

im pretty good with water changes and keeping up on things, so i think ill just keep him in that 40g for hopefully not too long

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts

[/quote]

im pretty good with water changes and keeping up on things, so i think ill just keep him in that 40g for hopefully not too long
[/quote]

he'll be fine in that 40 gallon for that durration of time, dont sweat it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.