Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a five pygo mixed shoal. two of my reds (6 and 5.5 inches) are really darkening and always chasing each other and doing a lot of circling and waggin between themselves and none of the other fish. are they typically sexually mature at that size and is this a possible precursor to spawning? i just want to know if i MAY have a potentially breeding pair that should be seperated since i have no p breeding experience. thanks.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the chasing, nipping, and circling, and wagging between those nats could mean they want to shag? no wonder those two are getting all territorial and what not. is there danger if i don't seperate them, or should i just keep and eye on the to determine if i want to seperate and setup a breeding situation? will they wait until i seperate them or will they just have a go at it? sorry about all the questions. i'll do the reseach in the threads if it sounds like they're heading in that direction. i just want experienced opinions on whether or not to prepare for that. thanks frank.
and congrats on your macs. very impressive.

· Soft Machine
1,557 Posts
I would wait and see what happens. It very well could be pre-spawing behaviour. If that is the case, then you may want to consider isolating them from the others.

good luck man, keep us posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.