Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 5 1 inch red bellys, i also bought about 25 rosies to keep them occupied b/c i also have a small oscar in the tank. I Have been feeding them bloodworms, and they have eaten a few rosies. Will they still be mean and eat feeders when they are older since they are pretty much lliving with so many of them now. Should i take most of th erosies out of my tank??

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I would be more worried about my bio-filtration being way overloaded by so many new fish....if your tank was ever cycled. If it was cycled you will be getting a pretty big spike in ammonia and nitrites and if it wasnt cycled, I would be worried about the amount of ammonia those rosies will produce.....making a pretty toxic living situation for you baby reds.

I dont think their living with feeders will have any effect on how they act towards them in the future.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
They eat when they are hungry, compared to killing for the fun of it. They hunt the weak and dieing rather than a healthy fish. I'm not saying they don't eat fish, just not the way the media has protrayed it.

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Dawgnutz said:
They eat when they are hungry, compared to killing for the fun of it. They hunt the weak and dieing rather than a healthy fish. I'm not saying they don't eat fish, just not the way the media has protrayed it.
[snapback]964117[/snapback]​
Would you please explain that to my pygos then?
Every time I drop in a feeder regardless of it's size or health it is killed and eaten instantly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts