• 1 - Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 - Horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i picked up one yesterday and it is making my water noticably clearer, i was having some issues with suspended algae in my planted tank. Also not: if you plan to run it externally put on the thick rubber o rings that come with it or else youll end up with a bunh of water all over your carpet like me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will these work well in a planted tank? Maybe this could help fix my algae problem? Can explain a little more about what this product actually does.

/Wow this thread is OLD.....
In the booklet it says at certain flow rates it kills bacteria, parasites and algae. I have it hooked up inline with my output on my canister filter. So it basically exposes the filtered water to UV light before it goes back into the tank. I had an algae problem as well as a cloudy water, my fish tank is now HD its so clear. I feel that its a good preventive medicine technique. Yea its expensive but I think its worth it. Its really hard to pick up all the tiny leftover food after every feeding (especially with my young rbp eating multiple times a day) so bacteria is bound to grow. Its only been a few days, ill let you know if anything else pops up. Make sure your UV light corresponds to the right flow rate your going to use. Sorry I cant elaborate on what the UV scientifically does, but this is what I have observed.

PS: UV light will increase the water temp (duh)... i didnt think of that... so you might want to turn down your heater a notch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.