Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has fibre TV (gets channels & internet over cables) , but how do we get the signals/download the channels from TV decoder to dvd recorder ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My friend has fibre TV (gets channels & internet over cables) , but how do we get the signals/download the channels from TV decoder to dvd recorder ?

Thanks.
it should just be a simple case of plugging the cable box into the Aux in scart (or whatever inputs it has, it'll most likely be scart though) on the DVD recorder and selecting the source to record form.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It says :

"No channel found. Please check antenna cable connection"

We've done it but still no success....we use a 3 pin cord as we can't use scart cord or RF cord.

I guess the unit has to be region hacked to "translate" European TV signals....maybe that's the issue ?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
They use PAL video format.Your dvd recorder is set for the north American NTSC format.If you search the web you may be able to find a code that will unlock the regional settings, but don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We went with the recorder to a hi fi store but they couldn't get any signals in...it feels more & more like I bought a lemon , what's the point if I can't record on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts