Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the occasional brown outs, black outs, low voltages that happen here and there, its really bad for ur hard drive and other components in your computer, so i saw the Black Friday ad for Office Depot, they had a APC Back - UPS unit for 20bux. 500va, 300 watts.

So now i should have enough time when a black out occurs or be powered thru a minute or so of a brown out.

Just wondering who else has one of these, anyone think they are useless? anyone have any experience with these?

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
since i got a laptop these are no longer my worries.. built in back up Aux power when plugged in....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i have a friend whos got backup, it only lasts for about an hour, lol but hes got his cable modem and router hooked up to it to, so as long as the phone line doesnt go down hes still on the interent to finish his games and then shut down the comp lol

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have a laptop too but im on my desktop more than the laptop...

this allows me to shut down when a black out or brown out occurs so nothing gets damaged....*knock on wood*

i have a friend whos got backup, it only lasts for about an hour, lol but hes got his cable modem and router hooked up to it to, so as long as the phone line doesnt go down hes still on the interent to finish his games and then shut down the comp lol
lol yea i have my modem plugged in, but i see no use for having my modem plugged in, if the power goes off, so do all the phones, I have a VOIP service with my cable company, so basically id have to plug the phones into the backup unit as well...lol so i guess ill just have my pc and my monitor hooked up to it.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
My old roommate and a friend of mine, both computer crazy guys have them. I think my old roommates would last an hour if used. I just never thought I would need my computer that much.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
They are the best protection for your computer possible.
UPS's are 10X better then surge protectors. Because the power is buffered thru the battery and comes out clean. No worry about black or brown outs.
I wish I had seen that ad i'd have gotten one or two myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts