Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have 4 caribe and 2 wild natts in a 75. Overstocked........yes. They are all between 5 & 7 inches and play very nicely together. I am getting a 125 this weekend.
My question, what should I add.
My thoughts are 1 or 2 terns (yellow natts). Any other suggestions?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I am going to wait on the piraya. They require much more stringent water conditions and I believe my ph is to high. I am going to try blackwater extract and see how much it lowers it and if that will be sufficient for a one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
No no, ternetzi would be great because they are the best shoaling fish out of the pygo's.. Since you already have natts, ternetzi would be the way to go...

Some of you guys need to check your compatibility..

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now you got me thinking wes. I might just do that. I am going to get in on a mass shipment to milwaukee in february so I have time to think it over. thanks

·
TOP DOG
4,187 Posts
hydroshutter said:
No no, ternetzi would be great because they are the best shoaling fish out of the pygo's.. Since you already have natts, ternetzi would be the way to go...

Some of you guys need to check your compatibility..
i sure hope you aren't talking to me! i had two mixed pygo tanks with all 4 species and they did great. i am currently getting rid of the mid sized fish and only keeping my pygo tank with my 12" ones. i am an expert when it comes to mixing pygos so please realize who you're talking too before you speak. :veryangry:
wes

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I've heard that people have experience deaths fairly frequently when adding piraya to their pygo tanks. I'm not saying you are wrong Wes because I have never had the piraya so if you have done it, then it can obviously work. Does it work o.k. if you add just one piraya or does the trouble start if you add more than one. I really like the looks of piraya, especially the ones with the yellow flames :D I'd also eventually like to snag some ternetzi's, I really like the looks of them and have heard a lot of good things bout their personalites.

Mark

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mdemers883 said:
I've heard that people have experience deaths fairly frequently when adding piraya to their pygo tanks.
Mark
I have heard that also but that was not my main concern. I have heard that piraya are harder to care for because of the water parameters they require. I have somewhat high ph and my natts and caribe do ok, I assume a tern would be fine but I was worried about a piraya. If this has been somewhat exaggerated, and it sounds like it has, I will give a shot with one tern and one piraya.
thanks again wes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts