Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
my reds are growing super fast. infact they are the fastest growing group I have ever had. maybe it's due to improper care or something, but they have grown an inch in 3 weeks!
I measured them when I first got them and measured them again yesterday (i have my tank marked along the black lining with half inch increments). since they love to swim in the powerhead and hang around the front it's not hard to get a pretty darn good measurement of these guys. These measurements are standard length also. check out their progress.
The guys at 3"
The guys now at 4"

Joe

ps. in both pics the piranhas are (going from left to right) gama, shogei, and to.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
That's a nice growth rate, Joe!
Try to keep this constant for the next half year and you'll end up with 20" reds

What are you feeding them?

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. rosecityrhom, they aren't too bad with the fin nipping right now. there has only been one fin nip so far and it was when they were all setting up territories. Judazzz, I am feeding them beefheart, shrimp, and feeders. 20 inch reds would be something to brag about

Joe

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
enjoy cause they grow fast till around 6 or so

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
great job!!

keep up the good housekeeping, and you will max out those baby's in no time.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
The pics show the nice change they have made to getting bigger.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
My 3 are going at the same pace as urs Genin got them a month ago at 3" and now they're around 4". 3 Reds in my 55 gallon while my 6" er is in the 20 gallon. Mine are getting longer but don't have enough bulk or height to add the 6" red back w/ them. .

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks. and yes it does amaze me how fast these fish grow. every time i own reds it always shocks me just how fast they sprout out.

Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts