Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I'm pleased to say he is making a damn good recovery now-I'll let the pics speak for themselves-
Very pleased about the tail-

As you can see here-he is making one hell of an attempt as well-

-I believe he will heal well from here on out-Although I believe there will be some nice scarring(sp) as well-But oh well

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
he is looking aloy better buddy, hopefully he will make a full and great recovery.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
yw, i think if he makes a good recovery youll have one hell of a nice rhom and you can sit there and say...'damn man i have really achieved something, in saving the life of a beautiful specimen.................

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yw, i think if he makes a good recovery youll have one hell of a nice rhom and you can sit there and say...'damn man i have really achieved something, in saving the life of a beautiful specimen.................
True that sir-I'm pretty please at the results i have achieved to say the least-I didn't want to lose him-I am suprised on how well the fins are growing back after that nasty case of fin rot though-I wasn't expecting that good of results-But that just goes to show how amazing these fish are at this kind of stuff-given the proper care that is-I will still be treating the tank for all symptoms though-Still hasn't eaten yet though which is starting to concern me a bit!!!!!

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
how long has it been since he has eaten?????

got to admit when i got my mac who was in perfect condtiton, he didnt eat for a week!

from the pics you can really see how bad the rot had set in, very deep, shows how well some meds work to get rid of these problems...

bet you had to do a ton load of water changes

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how long has it been since he has eaten?????

got to admit when i got my mac who was in perfect condtiton, he didnt eat for a week!

from the pics you can really see how bad the rot had set in, very deep, shows how well some meds work to get rid of these problems...

bet you had to do a ton load of water changes
Last time he has eaten was when ever alex or pedro fed him-I believe his last meal was that cariba-Water changes were beeing done every other day-although it was kinda a waste in meds-I always redosed though after the changes as well-the method I used is working well-so I will continue with it-I spent a fortune in meds and use some very hard to get stuff on him that I believe I wont be able to replace-But it was worth it-

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
so im guesing he hasnt been fed for getting one a month then................................hopefully he will eat soon,

i have been lucky i have never had any infections in any of my tanks so i havent had to buy any meds but, the day will come for sure

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
i do have a bottle of white spot contol and a bottle of fin rot but have never needed to use them yet, i think i have been very lucky indeed,

·
5,336 Posts
lookin good ak... i think you have some magical healing powers or something... that and balls for takin on a challenge like that... in no time at all you will have gone from "are you kidding me" to "holy sh*t, it is possible" keep up the good work... maybe its that magical baggie you posess?

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lookin good ak... i think you have some magical healing powers or something... that and balls for takin on a challenge like that... in no time at all you will have gone from "are you kidding me" to "holy sh*t, it is possible" keep up the good work... maybe its that magical baggie you posess?
Greatly appreciate the kind words man-I had my doubts for sure-But I'm glad I have had good results-I wasn't expecting it to go this way,But glad it has-

sh*t magical baggie-where-I have been missing that for some time now

·
5,336 Posts
i was refering to the salt , all the crackheads thought was meth...
but hell, you live in ak AK... home of AK-47, Alaskan thunderfuck and countless other headies... take some initiative and get off yer ass! jeez... slacker

1 - 20 of 38 Posts