Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
heater burn during a move...
new pics are still about 3 days old...

hes not 10 inches but only 8.25 but i still like him. He looks much better than these pics today but i wont have more pics until he is completly healed :nod:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Those are bad burns.... Cross your fingers and HOPE !!

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Those burns look bad, but Im sure they will heal with time. Salt, maybe raised temp, melafix...a combo of any of the above should speed along the healing process. Honestly its a beautiful fish...even if it does scar up..

·
Registered
911 Posts
you think he'll scar pretty bad?
Unfortunately in most cases when fish are injured to the flesh, they usually scar. It's happened with some of my fish in the past. On a positive note - I've noticed that Rhoms don't scar as bad as pygos and believe this could be down to the fact that pygos scales and patterns are more visable than that of a Rhom.
Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
poor buddy
..hopefully he will come around...piranhas heal fast...good luck

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
Yeah as pygo said just treat him with salt and stuff..you might get a fungusy sorta growth on there while its healing so be prepared for that too..

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
dzmn man sorry to see those burns, suprised he wasnt going nuts, hopefuly he will heal well

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im doing water changes every three days and adding salt along with my temp around 84.. they already seem to be healing better since that pic is aleady 4 days old.. ill post some more pics when he is looking better.. thanks for the support and help!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
DAAAAAAAAM those burns look lethal! Your p can handle it though, they are tough as hell! My p allways loses his teeth, and i look again in a few days and he has a nice set of jaws

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DAAAAAAAAM those burns look lethal! Your p can handle it though, they are tough as hell! My p allways loses his teeth, and i look again in a few days and he has a nice set of jaws
ya hes been a tough bastard through it all... put him into a smaller tank because of my transfer semester ill have to be in the dorms for a semester.. great current and filtration and hes swimming around all happy go lucky

1 - 20 of 39 Posts