Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Here are some updated pictures of my 4,5-5" S. Manueli.
Most of the day he just stares at the back wall, but after turning on the tank lights tonight, he decided to have a closer look at me, so I took the opportunity to shoot some pics of him.
His tail has healed nicely (it was all chewed up since I got him), but is still not fully regenerated...

btw: his coloration may seem a bit odd in some of the pics. This is because he seems more reflective than a mirror, and because the water in his tank is slightly greenish/tea-colored because of tanins from the drift wood...

Hope y'all enjoy :smile:

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Book quality shots once again Jonas, beautiful.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

Lahot: yup, this is the fish that made me a very happy man

Mr. P: it's a very colorful fish indeed, and the pics really don't do him justice. It's kinda hard to photograph him well, since he's very shiny, and the water color affects the outcome on picture as well.
As for his behaviour: he's not very active, usually just staring at the back wall of the tank (no matter wheter the tank lights are on or off). Occasionally, he seems to go mental, charging his reflection, the powerhead flow and snapping his jaws wildly, but other than that, he doesn't really do much...
I do think he's more active in the dark or twilight though, since I never seen him hunt a fish, but he has killed dozens of small tetra's and similar in dropped in his tank.

I'm going to buy him a larger tank in the 35-50 gallon range when I find a nice one, which I hope is soon. I think (hope) it'll make him a bit more active...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.