Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I will post some pics from before and now but still working on it. I am going to go to the lfs and buy some more stuff tommorow.

First filled the tank pics.
View attachment 46668

View attachment 46669

When I just got my aquaclear 500's and added feeder fish and had temp light on.
View attachment 46670

Added Garbage bag for temp backround and bought some plants, double strip lights from home depot, and a 500 watt won brothers titanium heater. Added some tetra's from other tank for cycling.
View attachment 46672
View attachment 46674
View attachment 46675
View attachment 46676

Close pic of one of the cool plants I bought.
View attachment 46677

My aquaclear and the light from home depot.
View attachment 46678

Cant wait till I get it finished and cycled.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
i like the garbage bag, why do you dunk the heater in there so low? no offense. good lookin tank. Is that a little tetra tank down there also hehe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the heater near the bottom because heat rises and I want the tank to have good all around heat. P's are mostly at bottom so I would like it to be the temp I set there. I didnt think anyone would like the garbage bag
. Thx for the reply.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nice setup! Don't worry about the heater position. With the water flow from the filters and that powerhead, it will even out the temp all around the tank.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx for all the replys I have moved some stuff around and have alot more to do yet. I moved some more plants from my other tank and bought a plant bulb to help them grow. I think it has like a month left to cycle. I added filter media from my old tank now just got to wait and aquascape some more.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Nice looking setup! It's coming along nicely.

Why aren't you getting some cycler boosting aditives like bio spira or stability?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Puting 5 RBP in there i have them in a cycled 44 gallon for now they are now about 1-2 inches. I dont mind waiting for it to cycle the natural way I am in no hurry plus this way I can afford aquascaping it this way. Pay check by paycheck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts