Piranhas Forum banner

unknown serra, about 2" now

711 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BAKIR 
#1 ·
he's grown about 1/2"-3/4" in not even 2 weeks, he looks much healthier that when i first got him, lotta bloodworms and silver sides. what do you guys think? he's about 2" now, at my lfs he feeds almost entirely live and keeps them in small tanks which might explain his fast growth, esp. for a serra.

thx,
pt

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
ah, which may explain the fast growth, being in a bigger tank. my lfs doesn't keep real good care as p's are only a small part of his business...he'll have a tank of like baby rhoms, like 4-5 in a 10g and just keep feeders in there all the time so they don't go after each other. we all know that live goldfish or rosies aren't the best for nutrition. here's the pic from my other thread here that REALLY shows malnurishment, in terms of eye size to body size.

#9 ·
how big does he need to get to get a 100%, or close to it, i.d.? still looks like could be 2-4 diff species.

interestingly enough, my lfs is pretty sure it is a tank-breed black/rhom as he had a bunch of them and i got the last one. i'm skeptical because i've never heard of rhoms being breed in the home aquarium. at the same time, i got him at about an inch, and it seems to me it would be difficult to find a group of blacks/rhoms at that size in nature, to catch. like i said, he , lfs, had a half dozen or so of them to start with.

pt

#12 ·
its s.hastatus

really u guys are killing me

the most common baby unkown serra su will find it stores willprobably be a rhom or sanchezi. Wait a couple months and grow it out, then post some pics. That would be your only real way of truly knowing what it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.