Piranhas Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
D.Vail said:
About the peat...it does infact darken your water, but not too much it just adds a nice little tink to it but if you add enough i'd assume it darkens is alot more...
[snapback]274300[/snapback]​
Putting a litle bag of peat in the filter is great it leaches helpfull minerals and chemicals into the water, my fish love it. Dont worry about the color of the water changing its so slight you cant even tell and if you put in too much just take it out and let some charchol filter some of it out. I highly suggest it!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I currently have a penguin 330 and penguin 170 biowheel in my 55 gal. And am thinking of adding a millennium 2000 which boast to have mech, chem, and wet/dry abilities. This is clearly over filtration...and my question is: Is there such a thing as over filtering a tank to the point where it is bad?

2 filters is better than 1. Is 4 better than 2? 6 better than 4? When is too much filtration TOO MUCH for the fish?

·
Registered
430 Posts
There is never enough filtration for a piranha tank!! I am goin with at least 10times the filtration per hr for my 75gal!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts