Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I thought i'd post the fact that I am currently keeping 6 4.5" RBP's, 1 5" Bristlenose Catfish and a 4.5" Rainbow Shark in a 35 Gallon tank and the Rainbow Shark is at the top of the pecking order! He, on occasion, has sped into the sides of the largest RBP in what I can only call an act of terratorial aggression. Is this the norm? Thankyou.

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Skellon said:
Hi all!
I thought i'd post the fact that I am currently keeping 6 4.5" RBP's, 1 5" Bristlenose Catfish and a 4.5" Rainbow Shark in a 35 Gallon tank.
that's a sad thing...most people think a tank like this is no problem. i mean look at this guy. im not saying anything to degrade you because you probably are just not aware that the way you have all these fish in that small of a tank is completely fucked.

I just want to say that not everybody has access to these wonderful sites like we do, and there are a lot of fish out there suffering just like this guys fish. I think it should be a law for LFS to see what size tank you have and what kind of setup you have before they sell any fish.

get a bigger tank or sell some of your fish.

f*ck the pecking order.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
All those fish in a 35 gal is too much. This can lead to aggression in some fish and lead stress to others. Its a trip how your Rainbow would punk your Ps and them not doing anything about it. Because if your Ps were happily living in a good space, total aggression would've came down on not just your Rainbow, but the others as well.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
the thing is until skellon came onto this site he/she probably did not have privvy to this type of info ie fish stock level and fish size(piranha) = tank size so 3 piranha upto 4' max = 35 uk gal the lad/lass is also from england so has probably got a 40 us gal not that much a difference but still a difference.
i do agree he/she will have to upgrade the tank but this was maybe the first time they have heard this or been given this type of info and yes i also agree this will be stressing the reds out making them very skittish.
this is the whole point of these boards for people to learn and hopefully skellon will learn with our help its obvious thats what they have come here for.
skellon if you want any info on uk piranha owners and the uk piranha club drop me a pm or email and i will be glad to help
dixon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.