Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering are we over here in the uk different to the 20 gal per fish rule from that of usa???????

1 gallon [UK] = 1.2009499 gallon [US, liquid] is what i believe???

so therefore 100uk gals is 120usa gals

what im trying to get at is that in the usa they can have say 6 fish in 120 gals whereas we could only have 5 over here in uk!!!!! or do we have a different rule like 16 gal rule????

i hope you know where im coming from as i wouldnt like to be cheated out of an extra fish i could have in my tank!!!
? i am pretty confused can anyone help me!!!!!
cheers

G

·
It would be better if you stuck to the US 20 gallon per fish rule. Then you have a little extra space for your guys. Who will reward you with size and health. I think the 20 gallon a fish rule is a bit harsh and little room. Until of course you get into the 100+ of gallons.

Whats your plan??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
erm..... its just im gettin two geryis in an 80 uk gal and was thinking bout a third to add to them?

i dont think i will though cos twos plenty it just crossed my mind and the whole gallon thing and rules threw me a little im just gettin caried away with me self!!!!

never mind- the fish are 9inch and 6 inch
there goin in a 48 by 20 by24 high (inch)
there currently in an 80 uk gal and very happy so i dont think i will be adding another!!!!

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
stevo said:
erm..... its just im gettin two geryis in an 80 uk gal and was thinking bout a third to add to them?

i dont think i will though cos twos plenty it just crossed my mind and the whole gallon thing and rules threw me a little im just gettin caried away with me self!!!!

never mind- the fish are 9inch and 6 inch
there goin in a 48 by 20 by24 high (inch)
there currently in an 80 uk gal and very happy so i dont think i will be adding another!!!!
[snapback]832199[/snapback]​
Have a Hospital tank ready for that concocktion ...

G

·
Probably one of the best chances of cohabiting Serrasalmus species with the Geryi's. But like Harley says have a hospital tank. they are unpredictable at the best of times. Pygos are at each others throats quite often!

Good luck with them, do you live down south or have you a bit of a trip on your hands?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no no bout an hour to preston im gettin em of a member called lee tusch or skunky dont know if ya know him?????

the fish are living together in an 80 and he says they get on fine!!!!!
there shouldnt be any problems if there already together i reckon!!!!

G

·
I don't know him no.

I wish I lived that close. I may have a larger P collection. Tend to keep other fish mainly. Only have one P, a Sanchezi I believe.

Had reds in the past but prefer Serra's. Although I like Caribe would be tempted to have one of those.

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
the fish are living together in an 80 and he says they get on fine!!!!!
there shouldnt be any problems if there already together i reckon!!!!
Sorry But you reckon Wrong ........
Piranhas are very Unpredictable , Especially dealing with Serra. Geryi ..in Groups
They are not for the beggining Hobbyist. They are a very violent And a strikingly fast fish and dangerous fish . They are somewhat of a Dislike to waterchanges, and proper parameters should be cautioned at all times .
they are a Very Hearty fish ..In groups can become very viloent against one-another , often flashing Body wags and Bites to the sides the the stomach area, and Constant chasing due to territorialism , fin nips are a common.
Personnally i would do alittle research on them before jumping into something of their stature. especially if only two of them are going to be housed together .

Have the hosptal tank ready .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.