Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two baby spilos, sharing one half of a 55gal. Had 'em just a week now, bought from Shark Aquarium.
One almost instantly took up a spot behind a rock in a corner and has stayed there ever since.
My first impression was that he'd found the best spot to hide and was defending it.
But the other guy hangs out in front of that rock all the time. He explores some, chases the feeders around, and greedily consumes frozen brine, then he returns to infront of the rock.
The guy behind the rock, he's alive, he chases the other guy away, but I've never seen him out from behind that rock.
So now I'm wondering...
Is he bullied into that corner?
I figured two one inch p's in half a 55gal, with 15 cherry barbs to chase, shouldn't need to pick on eachother much but maybe the one in front still wants to control the whole show.
If he's getting bullied, I can probably figure out another place to move him.
What do you thinks going on and what should I do?

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lwrlevel said:
If it has only been a week... give the little guy a little more time.. Soon he will be chasing the feeders like the other!!
He is probably getting established and use to the surroundings..

[snapback]837849[/snapback]​
Thanks. I do hope that's the case. He's not looking terribly skinny or beaten up. Last night he did poke his head out a little further than usual. And, the other guy is getting more active every day! Plus my Cherry barbs are disappearing at a rate of about one per day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.