Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my turtles ate my cichlids that were in with them only one left along with 3 plecos ...so i moved all my fish in with my red bellies tomorrow im getting the largest plastic bucket and put my turtle in there and then moving the fish back to there old tank ... pissed they killed 5 cichlids they were doing good i guess the female wanted to kill all her tank mate ... mind you it was getting cramped in there. well i just need to vent cause the dam female murdered my fish. figured id post here cause it was a reptile that was convicted of killing

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was sad but everything is living with the reds so far im moving my turtles to a new tank tomorrow

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
It's to be expected... Turtles hunt and eat fish. Red eared sliders can be very aggressive when they want to be. I'm not surprised at all that this was an issue in the end.

My friend had a red ear in a large tank with tin foil barbs and it pinned those in corners and ripped them to shreds.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at first to be honest thats why i put them in there but they did so well with each other but the female got very aggreesive like i picked her up to clean the tank and she would consitantly try to bite me, and she got very close

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Getting bit by a red ear sucks. It hurts a LOT. I speak from experience... Nearly lost my finger tip to one when I was young. Luckily he wasn't that big yet, but the f*cker wouldn't let go and I had to wave him around frantically until he did. After that I never quite liked my turtles as much ever again.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o i know once it started to try and bite me i have been extra careful when having to grab her ... i like my fingers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts