Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so excited, im just waiting for my last 2 caribe to finish digesting their beefheart they ate 3 days ago!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Make sure your tank has no open area and/or anything that the mouse can crawl up on and end up missing somwhere in your house. Let us know what happens man!!! Take pix too

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since you brought up something missing in my house, i am looking for a 4" crayfish that i have been missing for 2 weeks. It crawled out of my tank overnight and i still cant find it.

Regarding the mouse question, since it is their first time encountering a mouse, would it be smart to start them off something small like a hopper or a pinkie?

·
18,487 Posts
I would try a pinky man.. just for starters. they'll be more likely to be eatten quick and less trouble to clean to begin with..

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i just fed the mouse and they didnt attack it when it was alive. Instead they were fighting each other. When the mous finallyu drowned the RBs were the fist to nip at it then the Caribe came and ate all of it. I think im going to try a bigger one in a few days. I think i rushed this process because i knew the Caribe were still full and wasnt hungry/starving. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Since they killed and ate the mouse so fast then you should of had a camera rolling and made a little video out of it.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know how to video and but it on the net. I fed them a hopper i think? It was something small with fur and a nice tail. I think it was 3-4" big.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, I have a vid of mine eating a mouse, but no one could explain how to post it on the net. Too bad for you guys!!!!

·
18,487 Posts
Take pix nect time E!! Just point and keep clicking away till its gone!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
How big should your Ps be before feeding them mice? I've been wondering. They tear apart large feeders now, but I don't want to do anything that's not good for them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts