Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seeing as my pleco didnt last forever, I have decided to give an algae eater a go, wish it luck, cause if it gets gutted like that last pleco then its gonna hurt.
It was only 2.50 so there is no big loss anyhow

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
What king of P do you have with it... Serra...Pygos?

I believe the best bet is always a big Pleco (over 10")...sooner or later your algae eater will die...it´s his destiny!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
just give it plenty of shelter to run and hide if its getting attack...good luck and may the force be with you

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
You talking about Chinese algae eaters? Didn't work out when I tried it. They made for a nice soft bodied little morsel.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
whats a pimp cat i had a pictus cat with reds for a few months but the munched it one night the only thing that lasts is my pleco which has lived with p's for well over a year
my pleco hold its own rather well, i did have a loach for a few months but it died and was not eaten still dont know why
dixon

·
Registered
89 Posts
I`ve tried everything with my p`s as a cleaner. 12inch clarius catfish,4 plecs at 4inch- 10inch,rafael cats,pictus cats , crayfish and cory cats. When i tried these 1 caribe grabbed the cory and tried to swallow it , but the barbs on it`s back caught in the caribes mouth and i had to take the caribe out of the tank and rip the cory cat from inside it`s mouth using tweesers.I have now given up trying to get a cleaner as the outcome is always the same. PIRANHA FOOD
I am the clean-up crew .

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i have had a chinese algea eater in with my 6 p's for over 3 months and he has done fine he hides under the powerhead, he has lost the tip of his tail a few times
but always manages to sneak by...... i no what will happen one day, but they are cheap and don't crap nearly as much :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.