Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried cleanin my new bed of black sand last night and it didnt go the best? my python fails to pick up the rhom sh*t like it should... it only goes about a third up the vacuum and then falls back down? getting frustrated so i stopped... any tricks where i wont be suckn up all that black sand i just spent big bucks on?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Do you sill have the gravel cleaner attached to the python? If so, take it off and just use the hose period.

Hold it about an inch over the sand and it should suck up all the sh*t without sucking up the sand too. It takes a little getting used to and some practice, but it works.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
i just cut the vaccum tube to 1/3, works great now...sometimes a little too great picks up sand.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
if the faucet isnt on full blast, turn in up. You can also tilt the tube as much as possible to decrease the angle.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
mori0174 said:
if the faucet isnt on full blast, turn in up. You can also tilt the tube as much as possible to decrease the angle.
[snapback]851472[/snapback]​
If you turn both the hot and cold water full blast it will increase your suction too. Just be careful because your python may work faster than your sink and you will end up with a sink overflowing.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
You only need a watherhose. One side in the tank, the other side above a bucket. On this side you give a little suck and the wather will flow into the bucket. Hold the end, that`s in the wather, above the bothem and it will suck up all dirth, including wather, and it ends up it the bucket. When your done, just fill your tank with clean wather and voila.
I`ve also a sandbothem and it takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
killerbee said:
If you turn both the hot and cold water full blast it will increase your suction too. Just be careful because your python may work faster than your sink and you will end up with a sink overflowing.
[snapback]852012[/snapback]​
yeah thats happened to me before because I have a really shitty sink in my basement. I have to do about half, let the sink drain, and then finish. It was a bitch the first time I tried it and ended up with a LOT of water on my floor.

·
Registered
93 Posts
With the water hose, just put the whole hose in the water if you can, so there are no air bubbles and then put your finger over one end and take it out. get that end lower than the tank and move your finger. That way you don't end up with fish poo in your mouth. The farther below the tank you can get the more suction you will have. So a 5 gal bucket works great for a smaller tank.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Try using the stirring method. Make a small current with your net-wand thing and the sh*t will float around, ur filter should pick some up, and grab the rest with ur net.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts