Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
depending where your location are...if your location are cold. I suggest you put your p in a cooler. it keep the temp steady, and also you can add some "bag buddy" is a blue pill you can put in the water for oxygen and their dont get stress.

you dont really need air pump...I've drove from SA to my house about 4-5 hr with out air pump it still alive. but it good to have air pump anyways.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I agree w/ 2P2F on the styrofoam coler, I always get them from the LFS when I buy more than 3 bags of fish or buy fish that would need a really big bag. Also, you can usually get a bag buddy from 1 of the people that bags fish there. If they get stingy, offer to buy a few of them, they will usually change their tune and pocket the cash lol, but its worth the stress reductiob. I find that placintg it on the passenger side floor is a secure place for the cooler, Usually you won't even need to turn on the heater, the fish should be okay at room temp for the ride, and the cooler will stop heat from escaping.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would definatly use the cooler. I had to move my 4 RBP's and they were in my cooler for 5 hours, no serious signs of stress or anything. It's nice and dark in the cooler so they just mellow out. I would recommend moving the cooler without banging into anything (doorways) and keeping noise to a minimum. If it is really cold where you live just wrap the cooler with a few blankets. When I moved my P's I also changed the water in their tank the day before and used that tank water to transport them in. I did not use any air bubblers, but that seems like a good idea if you could in some way get it to work using a cooler.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I forgot to mention that I also placed all my filter media into a seperate cooler as well and I had no water quality problems after the tank move either. So I guess the overall idea is to stick with the coolers. The coolers can get very heavy so always bring somone along who will help you out.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
EXTRA WATER
GET THEM IN A SHIPPING BOX IMO WITH SOFT COTTON SQUARES IMO
AND SOME OXY PILLS

·
Registered
371 Posts
Good luck with the move... I think they'd be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.