Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im taking 2 reds and some other fish on a move with me, iv got my hands on some of the 2X2 styrofoam boxes that companies use to ship fish in. i have a few questions on how i should go about doing it.
one: can i leave the two reds together in one box or will the stress of the travel make them fight?
two: i want to put a bag or something to prevent any leakes if the styrofoam cracks, do you recomend bagging the fish and putting the bag in the box, or putting the fish in the box and then butting a bag around the whole thing?

iv bought some oxygen stones to keep the water airy and im gunna use plenty of stress coat. i only ask if i can keep the reds together cuz im kinda short on room and if i could use one box for the two p's and onother for all my other community fish then that would be great, but if i wind up bagging the fish first then i guess it really doesnt matter. also the move is about 15 hours in the car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yonnie Cocktoe said:
im taking 2 reds and some other fish on a move with me, iv got my hands on some of the 2X2 styrofoam boxes that companies use to ship fish in. i have a few questions on how i should go about doing it.
one: can i leave the two reds together in one box or will the stress of the travel make them fight?
two: i want to put a bag or something to prevent any leakes if the styrofoam cracks, do you recomend bagging the fish and putting the bag in the box, or putting the fish in the box and then butting a bag around the whole thing?

iv bought some oxygen stones to keep the water airy and im gunna use plenty of stress coat. i only ask if i can keep the reds together cuz im kinda short on room and if i could use one box for the two p's and onother for all my other community fish then that would be great, but if i wind up bagging the fish first then i guess it really doesnt matter. also the move is about 15 hours in the car.
[snapback]824696[/snapback]​
find you a couple of 2 or 3 liter plastic bottles and cut doors into them so you can get the fish inside and then you can close the flap and place a rubber band around the bottle to keep the fish from getting out. Also punch a couple of holes in the bottle so that the water can circulate inside. If your fish aren't that big you can use smaller bottles. after you place the fish in the bottle you place the bottle in the bag of oxygenated water. the bag will need to be wrapped in a type of blanket if your going a long distance to keep the water stable. the bottles will keep the fish from fighting and they will prevent the fish from biting through your bag causing all the water to leak out. hope this helps :nod:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my got sir,...you are a friggin genious. thank you, the bottles are an incredible idea. they would work perfectly.thank you soooooooo much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts